- Accelerates Comverse’s Digital Services Portfolio with elements such as WebRTC Gateway, and the Industry’s first GSMA accredited RCS API Gateway
- Expands engineering expertise and talent in the IP Messaging and Digital Services Domains
- Makes Comverse’s Evolved Communication Suite the most comprehensive Digital Services offering in the Industry
WAKEFIELD, Mass., August 5, 2014 – Comverse (NASDAQ: CNSI), a global leader in telecom and enterprise business enablement, announced today its acquisition of Spain-based Solaiemes, an innovator focused on enabling the creation and monetization of Service Providers’ (SPs) digital services.
Solutions from Solaiemes complement the market leading Evolved Communication Suite (ECS) offering from Comverse, and the combined portfolio creates an end-to-end platform for service monetization of IP based digital services.
“Unlike other players in the digital economy, Comverse is unique in its product offering that enables SPs to both deliver and monetize digital experiences.” said Aashu Virmani, VP Product Management and Product Marketing of Digital Services at Comverse. “Solaiemes’ technology strengthens Comverse’s Evolved Communication Suite (ECS) portfolio, which enables SPs to become digital lifestyle players by easily and quickly launching innovative digital services with means to monetize them.”
- Comverse ECS offering won TMC’s 2014 “Product of the Year” award, and the 2014 COMET Innovation award.
- Solaiemes’ RCS API solution has won the GSMA RCS Innovation Award, and is the only GSMA accredited RCS API product certified with Joyn Blackbird.
- The combined products are currently in trials at several Tier-1 service providers.
- You can learn more about Comverse’s Evolved Communication Suite here.
- By 2016, the number of devices supporting WebRTC is expected to exceed 4 billion.
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The company does not expect the transaction to have a material impact on revenue or profitability for the quarter or fiscal year.
Comverse is a leading global provider of telecom business solutions that enable communication service provider success in the hyper-connected world through service innovation and smart monetization. The company’s proven and innovative product portfolio includes BSS, Policy Management (PCRF) and Enforcement, and Digital Services – all backed by Managed and Professional Services. Comverse’s extensive customer base spans more than 125 countries with solutions successfully delivered to over 450 communication service providers serving more than two billion subscribers. Comverse’s solutions are available in a variety of delivery models, including on-site, cloud, hosted/SaaS and managed services. For more information, visit www.comverse.com.
Statements included or incorporated by reference in this press release may contain “forward-looking statements.” There can be no assurance that any forward-looking statements will be achieved, and actual results could differ materially from forecasts and estimates. Important factors that could affect the company include the risks described in the section entitled “Forward-Looking Statements” Item 1A, “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on April 16, 2014 or in subsequently filed periodic, current or other reports. The company undertakes no commitment to update or revise forward-looking statements except as required by law.